For more than 150 years, the Harbour Office has been the headquarters of the Belfast Harbour Commissioners, the body charged with the operation, maintenance and development of Belfast Harbour.
The first section of the building, designed by the Commissioners’ engineer George Smith and erected at a cost of some £8,000, was opened in 1854.
A subsequent extension, by the celebrated Belfast architect William Henry Lynn, was completed in 1895 at a cost of £14,349. The architectural style reflects that of an Italian palazzo.
Come and take a walk around the building with John Keenan.
Programmed in partnership with ICE