Carlisle Memorial Church was opened to 1876 to the High Victorian Gothic designs of W. H. Lynn. Known as the ‘Methodist Cathedral’, it was bequeathed to the city by James Carlisle in memory of his deceased children. The church closed in 1980 and quickly fell into significant disrepair. Belfast Buildings Trust took over ownership in 2011 and completed Phase 1 Capital Repair Works in June 2015.
Also on view in the church this day will be Echo Chamber, an installation by artist Liam Crichton with Ricki O’Rawe.