The former Synagogue at Annesley Street closed in 1965 when the Jewish community moved to a modern Synagogue on the Somerton Road. Five decades later it sits largely intact, a silent witness to the conflict that began in the surrounding streets.The Synagogue was opened in 1904 and served the 708 members of the Jewish community that resided in Belfast in 1901. Designed by Young and Mackenzie, it is listed B2. The building comprises the main volume with its gallery and a small prayer room. Outside are the ruined glazed brick walls of the Mikvah, a ritual bath.